Thursday, August 4, 2011

30 Day Ace Meme- Day 2

2. Are you out? To whom?
I don't like the phrase "out". It implies that every sexuality that isn't straight is at some point in one's life shameful and I am not ashamed or embarrassed to be who I am. On that same note, however, I'm not going to go around shouting HEY GUESS WHAT PEOPLE?! I'M ASEXUAL! I don't see the point in it. If someone asks I'll tell them. If they don't ask I see no reason to tell them. I obviously am not doing anything to hide the fact that I'm ace (exhibit a: this blog) but that doesn't mean I'm going to go around putting it on business cards or anything. It's just one part of who I am. It's not even all that important. It doesn't dictate how I interact with others or how others treat me so it doesn't really matter much.

No comments:

Post a Comment