Thursday, August 4, 2011

30 Day Ace Meme- Day 7

7. Who’s your favorite Doctor? (Or, do you have a favorite asexual character?)
My favorite Doctor? You might as well ask which of my fingers I could do without.
I have a special sentiment for the 9th, whom I love because he was my first Doctor and will always be My Doctor.
I love the 10th because he was something extraordinary and because I could relate to the loneliness that was characterized throughout his erra.
But the 11th Doctor is so ecstatically me. He is the personification of what makes my generation magnificent and I love that. He isn't anything at all like any of the other Doctors while being precisely who they were. I love him because he is me in a way.

However, my favorite asexual character would probably have to be Sherlock Holmes.
First of all it's because of him that I even looked up what asexual meant in the first place. I have to play favorites with the character who helped me find out that I wasn't some broken freaky thing. Aside from that I feel I can relate to him. If, by some weird alien magic, Holmes and the 11th Doctor were to be mixed together into one character then that character might as well be me. The 11th Doctor my immature and full of shenanigans self and Sherlock Holmes the serious and observant scholar that I am. (I feel unendingly pretentious just saying that but oh well).

They are two of very few characters that I can relate to the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment