Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Day 01 – The best book you read last year

Last year I spent a sleepless night reading Howl’s Moving Castle and I did not live to regret it. It is the only book that I have ever actually read through in one day (graphic novels notwithstanding). From start to finish I was enthralled in this rather mundane narration that took me on this far grasping whimsical tale. It incorporated so many myths and legends and fairy tales that I just could not and would not get over it. The world was rich and captured my imagination so thoroughly that when I finished I felt, not that I had gone through Sophie’s adventure myself, but rested and ready for the world as if refreshed from seven leagues of dejection and imminent failure. I fell in love with Sophie. I felt her heartbreaks and her insecurities. I felt her triumphs and her love. It was Sophie and Howl that carried me through this story. I felt along with Sophie throughout and I fell in love with the person Howl really is… when he’s not chasing after pretty girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment