Thursday, June 30, 2011

Strep

Updates to friend about it:
Downing my morning at the urgent care. My tonsils are bleeding. How the fuck am I going to afford this?
I have strep. My wisdom tooth needs to be taken out because it's more than probably infected (don't even start) and my meds were free. I didn't pay any money this morning for this shit. Slagathor even drove me there and waited at the pharm when it took half an hour for the script to be filled.
Nic bought me apple juice and my tonsils stopped bleeding. In hindsight they were probably bleeding all night (off and on or not I don't know) because every once in a while I would taste some blood but I thought it was just the tooth.
But because the tonsils are at the back of the throat they bled directly into my throat so I didn't taste or feel it really and only actually noticed because I was checking on my tooth and my spit was like brown-red.
I had a stomach ache all night and I wasn't hungry at all even though I only eat at night (since that's when I'm up). My tonsils are swollen, veiny, my mouth has bruising and yellowing. They're bleeding off and on. There's white stuff that I'm refusing to refer to as anything but white stuff in my tonsils.(Tonsil stones actually)
Oh and there is what appears to be a sore (though it's possibly a cyst) on my wisdom tooth that is more than likely infected. Fuck it. It is infected. It is displaying all the classic signs of infection. Swelling tenderness of jaw, part of neck, and tooth and surrounding area, mild bleeding, sore/cyst, redness, and clear discharge (possibly that could also be the tonsils).
I'm on antibiotics for the next ten days and as soon as I'm off them I'm going to the dentist and getting these fuckers removed.
The wisdom teeth. I'd like to wait until I have health insurance before I ask if getting my tonsils taken out would be covered. I think they have been the route of all of my illnesses since that one really big infection I got in high school that my mother never filled my antibiotics script for.
So that is your update on the Tesk's Body Fucks Her Over When It's Bored or There's Nothing on Cable Show.








I don't think I would have made it through this as calmly as I did without my sister supporting me along the way. (Update on that when I don't see two screens when there's only one laptop open).

No comments:

Post a Comment